Delhi - Rishikesh 285 km (Night journey)
Depart from Delhi to Rishikesh (Night journey)
Rishikesh - Mussoorie - Kharadi - Barkot ( 185 km )
Arr. 5:00 AM. Rest 2 hours. Bath at Ganga River, Visit Ram & Laman Jhoola. Geeta Bhawan, Yoga Training Center (via) Mussoorie, Kempty Falls, Sayana Chatti. (Night stay in Barkot).
Barkot - Yamunotri - Barkot
Hanuman Chatti Janaki Chatti (7 km. by walk or Pony) to Yamunotri Temple
Yamunotri temple has a shrine dedicated to the goddess. There is also an 18th-century temple at Gangotri, it was built by garhwal naresh Pratap Shah, it was damaged and re-innovated in the 19th century.
& back to Janaki Chatti/ Kharadi/ Barkot. (Night stay in Barkot)
Barkot - Uttarkashi
Barkot proceed to Uttarkashi Night stay in Uttarkashi
Uttarkashi - Gangotri - Uttarkashi
Visit Gangotri Temple :
About Gangotri Temple
Located at an altitude of 3,100mts, Gangotri Temple, the highest temple dedicated to Goddess Ganga, is one of the four Chota Char Dham Yatra pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand. Goddess Ganga is the personification of the revered Ganga River. The peaceful white temple is surrounded by Deodar and pines and the Greater Himalayan Range. The holy river Bhagirathi, which is one of the two head-streams of Ganga, flows alongside Gangotri Temple.
& back to Uttarkashi (Night stay in Uttarkashi)
Uttarkashi - Guptakashi
Proceed to Guptakashi via Srinagar Garhwal (Night stay in Guptakashi)
Guptakashi - Gaurikund - Kedarnath
Early hours Proceed to Sonprayag, Gaurikund, by hiring local Jeeps
Kedarnath (14 kms. by walk or pony). Visit Shri Kedarnath Temple Darshan.
Kedarnath - Gaurikund - Guptakashi
After having darshan at Kedarnath temple
Kedarnath Temple History
The holy Kedarnath temple is said to have been built in the 8th century AD by Hindu guru Adi Sankaracharya. Sankaracharya rebuilt the place where the Pandavas of the Mahabharat fame are believed to constructed a shiv temple.
According to mythology, Pandavas built the Kedarnath temple after Mahabharata. It is said that Pandavas wanted to go to Lord Shiva for forgiveness after killing their Kaurav brothers to atone for their sins. But Lord Shiva did not want to meet them. That’s why Lord Shiva hid in Guptkashi.
Pandavas and Draupadi spotted a bull that was very unique from the other bulls In Gupt Kashi. Pandav’s brother Bheem identified that the bull is none other than Lord Shiva himself. Lord Shiva who was hiding from them was in the form of Nandi, the bull. Bheem tried to catch the bull but couldn’t succeed, he only caught the tail of the bull.
Panch Kedar History
Lord Shiva, who disappeared from Guptkashi reappeared in five different forms in five different places.
These are hump at Kedarnath,
face at Rudranath,
arms at Tungnath,
navel, and stomach at Madhyamaheshwar and
the Hair locks (Jata) at Kalpeshwar.
And that’s how Panch Kedar came into existence.
proceed Back to Guptakashi. (Night stay in Guptakashi)
Guptakashi - Badrinath
Guptakashi to Badrinath via Joshimath Temple. (Night stay in Badrinath)
Badrinath - Pipalkoti
Visit Shri Badrinath Temple Darshan & proceed to Pipalkoti.
It is believed that Shankara resided in the place for six years from AD 814 to 820. He resided six months in Badrinath and the rest of the year in Kedarnath. Hindu followers assert that he discovered the deity of Badrinath in the Alaknanda River and enshrined it in a cave near the Tapt Kund hot springs
(Night stay in Pipalkoti)
Pipalkoti - Haridwar
Visit Karanprayag, Devprayag, Srinagar Garhwal, Rishikesh. Visit Mansa Devi Temple, Ganga Temple, Aarti at Ganga in the evening. (Nght journey to Delhi)
Arr. 5:00 AM. (Tour end)
Pony / Doly / Helicopter charges
Pilgrims / Toursts are advised to take warm clothes / general medicines / sports shoes / umbrella due to unpredictable hilly terrain .
Cancellation Policy Domestic
Established in 1977 with a prime motive to handle domestic and inbound tourist. Rao Travels was specifically started as tour operators and a travel agency. With leisure travel as a core business the company is also involved into corporate travel solutions. Rao Travel owns a self owned fleet of cars, Muv&39s, Luxury coaches A/c and non A/c. We have access to huge infrastructure, as well as more fine tuned service development, while still offering the personalised service that has always been our strength and to ensure that quality of service is maintained at all times.
Reliability. Punctuality. Comfort. Words that count most to you and to us. Where most of the team is headed from people from services background which looks to discipline, comfort, quality and unity at work and society, which has headed the organization with 40 years of unmatched professional reputation /goodwill in the business. By saying so Rao Travels has been affiliated by the under mentioned organizations after recognizing its services all through the years
- The Tours as mentioned are operated by A/c. Cars, Innova, Tempo Travellers, Mini & Large Tata/Ashok Leyland & Volvo Coaches depending on number of passengers travelling on the particular journey date.
- This ticket should be produced and would be collected by the company at the time of boarding.
- Timings mentioned in the tour program are approximate and are subject to change.
- Passengers are requested to be punctual. No refund will be made if the passengers do not come in time at pickup point for what so ever reason.
- Children above 3 years of age will be charged full fare. It is advised, Children to take full seat for long journey. Children below 3 years who have not been charged would not be provided seats.
- Purchase entrance tickets from the monuments directly.
- Tourist will carry their luggage from vehicle parking lot of place of stay at their own responsibility.
- Conveyance charges from the Vehicle parking lots to monuments / Hotels & any other place where the vehicle cannot reach due to traffic regulations will be borne by the passenger themselves.
- The management will not be responsible for any loss of articles in the vehicle or outside during the tour.
- The company will not be responsible in any manner of any delay or inconvenience caused to the tourists during the journey in case of breakdown of the vehicle, failure of A/C or due to any unforeseen reason like traffic jams / Landslides / VVIP movement, which might be beyond the control of the management and&ldquoNO REFUND&rdquo will be made to the tourists.In such circumstances some of the places may not be shown & Food and accommodation expenses are to be borne by the tourist directly.
- Passengers are requested to wait at the pickup point given, if the vehicle is late, still if the vehicle does not reach within twenty minutes then please contact Local office immediately for necessary action.
Phone No.: Delhi : 011-46131313 Bangalore : 080-22879999,22878899 Chennai : 044-281992244, 28192888
- The management reserve reserves the right to make changes &rsquoen-route or omit any place of visit if it becomes necessary.
- The management holds the right to shift the tour from bus to cabs/mini bus for any foreseen reason at any point of time without canceling the tour FOR WHICH NO REFUND WILL BE MADE. SEATING CAPACITY OF A/C DELUXE, CAN BE ANY TYPE OF VEHICLE.
- Rao Travels India Pvt Ltd. reserves the right to change the fares (if it becomes necessary) due to any increase in Government taes, fuel or any other incidental charges. In such a case, New Fare would be applicable from the tour departure date and not the fare while booking of tour.
- Checkout time in most of the hotels is 12 Noon. Arrangements from 12 noon onwards are made at all places wherever night halts during the journey. If the vehicle reaches before 12 Noon, only fresh up arrangements are made before the room is allotted. Accommodation is provided for stay only and all additional services such as room heaters, snacks, food laundry, etc will be paid by the tourist directly to the hotel.
- Tourists can make purchases from anywhere they like the company is not responsible for any kind of purchases and not recommends any particular shop.
- No compensation will be available, if passenger does not take food / accommodation during the tour where the fare is inclusive of food / sharing accommodation.
- in triple sharing accommodation extra bed (matress) only will be provided in a double bedded room.
- Any suggestions/ complaints about the tour/ vehicle/ guide/ driver/helper/ staff may please be communicated to the management at inforaotravels.com or corporate raotravels.com
- No seat number is allotted in same day tours. Passengers can seat on first come first serve basis, if seat numbers are not allotted.
- Any cancellation will be accepted on in writing/e-mail/ fax along with timings to be mention in letter.
- Any refunds will be made through cheque only favoring the passengers name in ticket as mentioned.
- Cash coupon may be redeemed as a refund to your respective Credit/Debit Card account with in 30 days of the ticket cancellation. The amount will be credited in your account within 8 to 10 working days after the refund initiation. The refund cash coupon amount would carry a Payment Gateway transaction charge of 5(For E-Ticket Only).
- LTC/LFC - Rao Travels India Pvt. Ltd. is recognized by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and our receipts are approved by all Banks and corporate offices, including LIC of India.
- BOOKING CENTRES AT SOUTH INDIA
CHENNAI : 040-28192888 / 28192244 / 09840758738 / 09810975053
BANGALORE : 080-22879999, 22878899, (M) 9538698899
- BOOKING CENTRES AT DELHI:
DWARKA : 011-25088885 /2508 8886 / 9971880099
KAROL BAGH : 011-28750455 /28750460 /28750466 / 09312289687
SUBROTO PARK : 011-25690913
VASANT ENCLAVE : 011-46131313 / 011-26144545 / 011-26144949
- FOR ANY ARBITRATION / DISPUTE THE JURISDICTION WILL BE DELHI COURTS ONLY.
- Transaction Charges will be applicable